Use your Personal Legend worksheet to craft a personal MISSION STATEMENT for your first Blog Post along with an explanation of your MISSION STATEMENT.
1. Your mission statement should be 1-3 sentences. Short. Sweet. Distilled.
2. Your explanation should be 7 sentence minimum and explain why this is your mission statement, how you chose this to be your mission statement, and expand upon and explain anything that we might not understand completely.
EXAMPLES OF MISSION STATEMENTS
DENISE MORRISON, CEO OF CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
“To serve as a leader, live a balanced life, and apply ethical principles to make a significant difference.”
JOEL MANBY, CEO OF HERSCHEND FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT“Personal success is to love God and love others.”
OPRAH WINFREY, FOUNDER OF OWN, THE OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK
“Be a teacher. And to be known for inspiring my students to be more than they thought they could be.”
AMANDA STEINBERG, FOUNDER OF DAILYWORTH.COM
“Use my gifts of intelligence, charisma, and serial optimism to cultivate the self-worth and net-worth of women around the world.”
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla:
If something is important enough you should try, even if the probable outcome is failure.
Walt Disney, Founder of Walt Disney Productions:
To make people happy.
7 Questions To Ask Yourself To Find Your Mission Statement
- What is the problem you are seeing in the world?
- What are you intending to fix?
- Why are you doing what you are doing? And why is that? And why is that? (I usually find that by asking 3 “whys” or more, I can find the real reason for something.)
- What in your past experience makes you passionate about this?
- What would the best version of yourself look like?
- How are you different from other people who are doing similar things?
- Is your mission sufficiently narrow enough to be differentiate it from others?