Introduce us to your book! You should have read at least 15 pages of your book so far
(if not more).
In your writing, please tell us about the following:
1. What is the title of your book? Who is the author?
2. Why did you choose this book?
3. Comprehension: What has happened so far in the book?
4. Significance Question (Pick one or more of the following choices to answer):
*What has happened so far that feels important? Why?
*Is there any part that you've read so far that gives you a clue to why the book as a whole is valuable? Which part or parts?
*Why should people care about this story?
*Is this piece relevant to everyone? Who? Who isn't it relevant to?
*If you had to distill the most important parts of what you've read so far to one sentence, what would that sentence be?
5. Connection Question (Pick one or more of the following choices to answer):
*How can you connect this piece to current events, to the past, or to the future?
*What personal connections can you draw to these two chapters? Do these characters remind you of anyone or anything in your own life?
*How does any part of this connect to any other area of your learning? (Maybe other subjects/texts that you have studied in the past or present?)
*Do these two chapters connect to anything you've read in the past? What? How?
*What other relationships/connections can you draw between these two chapters and your life, the world, other literature, history, or other art?