Slides Fall 2019
Have a great Halloween! Vocabulary Quiz is moved to Monday!
The House on Mango Street- Theme Questions
The House on Mango Street Packet
Annotate Why Students Should Study History, an Interview with Howard Zinn
Why Study History?
"Why Students Should Study History"- by Howard Zinn Annotations Instructions (below) due end of class
- Circle any unfamiliar or new vocabulary words and define them
- Underline the main idea (topic sentence) in each paragraph
- Add questions that the article makes you think of and questions that you have about the topic and the writing
- Write any text to text, text to self, text to world, and text to media connections you find in the articles
- Write a reflection at the end of the article about your key takeaways from this reading.
Adventure of the Future Draft #1 Work Time, Due tomorrow, 8:30am!
If you're having trouble filling the page, try answering the following questions in as much detail as possible:
1) Where is some place that you want to visit in the world? Where would you go? Why? Who would you take with you? How long would you stay? What kind of hotel/hostel/home would you stay in?
2) What is a career that you'd like to have in the future? What would a day in the life of that career be like? What would you do? Who would be surrounding you in this career?
3) What is an adventure that you plan on taking your future family on? Get specific about this adventure! Where is it? Why do you want to take your family in this adventure?
4) What is a trip that you would like to take with your friends one day? Why? Who would go? Where would you go? How long would the trip be?
5) What is a life dream or goal that you have that you plan on completing or achieving? Why do you have this goal or dream? What do you have to do to make this dream a reality?
Due TOMORROW, 8:30am: Plan Adventure Book, Adventure of the Future Draft #1
Due Tuesday November 5th, 8:30am: Draft #2 of ALL VIGNETTES, stapled, turned into Carol, Howard Zinn annotations (if you did not already turn them in)
Due Wednesday November 6th, 8:30am: Final Name Vignette & Final Adventure of the Past Vignette
Due Friday, November 8th, 8:30am: Final Adventure of the Present Vignette & Final Adventure of the Future Vignette
Due November 14th, 8:30am: Final Free Choice Vignettes
Due November 15th, 8:30am: Final I Am Poem
Due November 19th, 8:30am: FINAL BOOK!