Things you need to work through:
1. What does the pamphlet for your roller coaster look like?
2. Actual, final blueprint
3. What is everything made of? Who can bring what? What supplies can we find in our homes? What supplies do we need to buy? Materials due on Monday!
4. What is our roller coaster's theme?
5. What colors will we use in our coaster? How will we apply these colors? (paint, fabric, marker?)
6. How will you explain each element? How will you explain how it all goes together? Is the pamphlet a tri-fold? Two full pages stapled together? A small book?
7. Pamphlet requirements:
*name your roller coaster and explain the theme that your roller coaster showcases, provide an explanation of the different events, moments or passages, that lead you and your team to believe that the novel teaches this theme, and explain why this particular theme was chosen.
*define and explain which 5 literary devices your roller coaster showcases, provide definitions for these devices, provide a passage from To Kill a Mockingbird where this device is located, and explain exactly how your roller coaster features this device.
*explain the loops, camel backs and other features of your roller coaster, provide the passage from To Kill a Mockingbird that inspire this feature, and explain exactly how the roller coaster feature symbolizes this particular moment in the character’s journey.
*be designed in such a way that it appeals to a broad audience of people.
-The Scottsboro Boys Discussion:
NY Times Articles 1931, NY Times Articles 1933, The Case Timeline, People and Events
*Who are the Scottsboro Boys?
*What are the similarities and differences between the Scottsboro trial and the Tom Robinson trial?
*TPCASTT A Dream Deferred (Title, Paraphrase, Connotations, Attitude, Shifts, Title, Theme)
*Robert Brill is visiting on Monday! Let's write some questions.
-DP Updates/TKAM Reading Catch Up/Moral Compass Worktime/ The Kindness Study Worktime
-Moral Compass DUE END OF CLASS
-TKAM Test includes...
*To Kill a Mockingbird quote identification
*Literary Device identification
*Short Answers (HINT... study TKAM packets!)
*Langston Hughes Poetry
*The Scottsboro Trial
*Theme (NOT topic! THEME!)
*Fun Fact: I'm playing at Lush Cafe in Vista this Saturday from 6:30pm-8pm! You're totally invited to come hang! Come hang out, bring homework and listen to some music by me and my friend Josh :)